Who doesn’t love a good, hearty meal? And what could be more comforting than a creamy kale and gnocchi bake? This perfect dish is sure to please, and it’s so easy to make!
Gnocchi are little potato dumplings that are traditionally served with a tomato sauce. But in this dish, we’ve swapped out the tomato sauce for a creamy, cheesy kale sauce. The kale provides a beautiful green color and a slight bitterness that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the potatoes in the gnocchi.
This dish is also packed with protein and fiber, making it a satisfying and nutritious meal. So if you’re looking for a cozy, comforting meal that’s also good for you, look no further than this creamy kale and gnocchi bake!
Creamy Kale and Gnocchi Bake Health Benefits
Kale is a nutrient-rich leafy green vegetable that has many potential health benefits. These include improving heart health, reducing inflammation, and boosting brain function.
- Kale is packed with nutrients, including vitamins A, C, and K, as well as potassium and magnesium. It also contains detoxifying sulfur compounds and phytonutrients that can reduce inflammation and boost your immune system.
- The antioxidants and nutrients in kale can help protect your heart and reduce your risk of heart disease. These benefits are thought to be due to kale’s ability to lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
- The nutrients in kale can help reduce inflammation throughout your body. Many chronic diseases, including cancer, arthritis, and heart disease, are greatly influenced by inflammation.
- The nutrients in kale can also help improve cognitive function and protect against age-related cognitive decline. This is thought to be due to kale’s high levels of vitamin K, which is essential for cognitive health.
Gnocchi are a type of Italian dumpling made from potatoes and wheat flour. They are typically high in carbohydrates and offer a few health benefits, such as improved blood sugar control and increased energy levels.
The health benefits of gnocchi include supporting cardiovascular health, helping to regulate blood sugar levels, aiding in digestion, and supporting weight loss. Gnocchi is a good source of fiber, proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
- Gnocchi has a low glycemic index, which means it does not cause spikes in blood sugar levels. This is due to the slow release of carbohydrates into the blood stream. The dietary fiber in gnocchi also promotes bowel regularity and aids in digestion.
- The potato content in gnocchi makes it a good source of potassium. Potassium is an important mineral that helps to regulate blood pressure and heart function.
- Gnocchi is also a good source of protein. Protein is required for cell and tissue development and wound healing. It is also required for the synthesis of enzymes and hormones.
- The vitamin and mineral content in gnocchi helps to support the immune system, maintain healthy bones and teeth, and support the metabolism.
- Gnocchi can be enjoyed as part of a healthy diet. It can be served with a variety of sauces or vegetables. It can also be baked, grilled, or fried.
Together, kale and gnocchi make a delicious and nutritious meal that can help improve your overall health. Here are some of the top health benefits of kale and gnocchi bake.
Hearty and filling, this kale and gnocchi bake is the perfect comfort food for a night. The creamy sauce is made with almond milk and nutritional yeast, and the dish is topped with crispy baked kale. The gnocchi is soft and pillowy, and soaks up the sauce beautifully. Serve with a side of steamed broccoli or a green salad.
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1/2 cup chopped onion
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
-4 cups chopped kale
-1/2 cup heavy cream
-1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-1 (16-ounce) package frozen gnocchi
-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes; cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add kale; cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper. Add gnocchi; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
4. Transfer mixture to a greased 8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
6. Serve immediately.
Originally posted 2023-03-21 15:57:17.