When it comes to flavorful, comforting soups, it doesn’t get much better than chicken pozole. This Mexican soup is traditionally made with a flavorful broth, hominy, and chicken, and is often topped with fresh ingredients like radishes, cilantro, and lime.
Pozole verde is a variation of chicken pozole that is made with a green tomatillo-based broth. It is every bit as delicious as the traditional version, and just as easy to make in a slow cooker.
This slow cooker chicken pozole verde soup is packed with flavor thanks to the addition of fresh tomatillos, tomatillo salsa, green chilies, cilantro, and lime. It is the perfect soup to enjoy on a chilly day, and can easily be made ahead of time.
Slow Cooker Chicken Pozole Verde Health Benefits
Chicken soup is a must in our house during the winter. It is delicious and very easy to make. This slow cooker chicken soup is even easier because it is made in the crock pot. Simple ingredients are combined to make a delicious and rich soup.
Chicken soup is not only delicious but also has many health benefits. Chicken soup has been shown to be beneficial in the treatment of a cold or flu. The broth of chicken soup contains nutrients that are easily absorbed by the body. These nutrients help to boost the immune system and help the body to fight off infection.
There are many different ways to make chicken soup. This recipe for slow cooker chicken pozole soup is a favorite in our house. The rich flavor of the soup comes from the addition of pozole. Pozole is a type of hominy that has been used in Mexican cooking for centuries. It is usually made with pork but chicken can also be used.
Pozole is a good source of fiber and protein. It is also low in fat and calories. The addition of pozole to this soup makes it a hearty and filling meal.
This slow cooker chicken pozole soup is easy to make and can be made ahead of time. It is perfect for a busy weeknight meal. The soup can be served with a side of rice or tortillas. It can also be topped with sour cream, salsa, or avocado.
A delicious and nutritious soup, Slow Cooker Chicken Pozole Verde is a dish that is perfect for any occasion. Packed with protein and rich in flavor, this soup is sure to please any palate. A traditional Mexican soup, pozole is typically made with pork, but this chicken version is just as flavorful and satisfying.
– 3 lbs chicken breasts
– 1 large onion, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
– 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
– 1 tablespoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon oregano
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 6 cups chicken broth
– 2 (15 oz) cans white hominy, drained and rinsed
– 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
– 1/2 cup fresh cilantro(Coriander), chopped
1. Place chicken, onion, garlic, jalapeños, poblano pepper, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and black pepper in a 6-quart slow cooker.
2. Pour chicken broth over chicken and vegetables.
3. Add hominy and diced tomatoes.
4. Stir well to combine.
5. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
6. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with a fork.
7. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in cilantro.
8. To serve, ladle into bowls and top with cilantro.
Originally posted 2023-01-09 00:17:41.